Friday, November 18, 2011

The Wild Violet

A lot of people say the wild violet is a weed. How dare they? They are my favorite flower of all time, however I love all flowers, greenery of all kind, etc. Nature's Garden. Right now, if you look closely, you will find a stray beauty blooming here and there...they are spreading their seeds again. I ordered some pink wild violets but didn't have any luck with them. I do have several different kinds that bloom each year. I not only make pictures of them, I put them in salads, I have made violet sherbet. They are an herb and actually good for you. So, please don't mow those beauties down....let them bloom and prosper...

2 comments:

  1. I promise you if I had any I would never mow them down, I have a cottage looking garden and love my wild flowers

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I emailed you....if you would like to have some wild violets, I'll be glad to send them to you...just send me your address to my email address....hugs, noah

    ReplyDelete