Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tis a Sat'day


My daughter and I went shopping today for some badly needed crafting/painting supplies. Of course I had to have my Starbucks Doubleshot Moca...

It's a beautiful day in South Carolina. The leaves are finally beginning to get brilliant in their color and falling down. I have a lot of tall popular trees in my woods and I love laying on my little deck I built in the woods and watch them fall.

I am anxious to get on to my project of painting weird teapots on my old china cabinet. It's not a fancy cabinet, just one of the unfinished kind that my uncle bought for my mother years ago. Plain straight lines. I'm going to paint tea pots on it and try to keep it dark with copper's browns, etc.  It has a heavy coat of lacquer on it, and rather than doing what I should do and take it all off with paint remover, I'm doing some sanding and see where it gets me....probably mad at myself...but...hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day...noah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Noah...thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment...much appreciated! A think your work is wonderful and have enjoyed having a look...the 'Raven' on the whiskey barrel bottom is fabulous and I just LOVE the eyes canvas. I hope when you finish working on the cabinet you take photos...I'm really keen to see this especially as you are using some of my fav colours! Takes cares - Ange x

    ReplyDelete