Saturday, March 31, 2012

busy as a bee

speaking of bees, they're buzzing around now that the flowers are blooming, and soon my garden will be full, I'm sure. My son-in-law has his new hives up and getting ready to release his honey bees. I'm excited...I love honey.

My best friend made this birdhouse for me...and you will also see my bottle tree made from an old cedar tree that I cut the limbs to size, buried, and put all the old vintage bottles I've found on.

I've been so busy this spring, as it came so early here in SC. I now have "no" fingernails and what little I do has dirt under them....I just can't bring myself to wear gloves. Glad I keep a nice bottle of Burts Bee's handy for nighttime.  Here are some of the "goings on" around my place this spring...enjoy...hugs, noah

 Now, you may laugh.....I am so bad on tools...yes, I broke the one "leg/arm" off this post hold digger and rather than junk it, I used it as a "gazing ball"(even tho it's not a "gazing" ball) holder...I think it's kinda cute...especially when my grass gets green and the flowers come up around it and bloom.
 My Lady Banks rose is doing just fine this year....
 Pretty in pink....
 My lilacs had much bigger blooms last year, but I forgot to fertilize them in the fall. The Bible tells us that Heaven will be like nothing we can imagine, but I think lilacs smell as close to Heaven as I can imagine....
 and this beautiful azalea has had a number of trimmings over the years...wonder how large it would have been by now if I hadn't????
 just a lavender pretty.....
 I rescued this snowball bush after it had been bush hogged down. I was so angry that someone would do that, but I found this one little piece that still had roots and alas, after babying it, this is the 3rd year and now it's giving me blooms....
 Love my weather vanes...have 3 now and will keep collecting.....
 another of my woods beauties....
 Wish this would stay in bloom all summer. It smells good and is just lovely....I believe it's a Honeysuckle tree.

1 comment:

  1. oh such a lovely yard the little bird house looks sweet in it..thanks for sharing ..so fun to see blogger friends yards(:)
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete